On May 30th, 2015, Arsenal will have the opportunity to defend their FA Cup title at Wembley against Aston Villa. This will be Arsenal’s 19th Cup Final appearance (11 wins; 7 losses) – which is a new record; it will be Aston Villa’s 11th appearance (7 wins;3 losses).
Should Arsenal be successful, this would be their twelfth win, also a new record.
Both teams have a rich FA Cup history, and the match is bound to be fiercely contested. Arsenal will step onto the pitch as clear favourites, but, as last year’s nail-biting Final against Hull City proved: anything can happen.
To celebrate this historic occasion, Gunners Town and Campo are proud to announce the Gunners Town Campo 2015 FA Cup Final Shirt Competition – which offers competition entrants the possibility of winning a classic RETRO Arsenal shirt of their choice (Size, Style & Personalization, if any).
Campo are a retro sports brand with many years’ experience in sports retail. They don’t simply sell ‘classic football shirts’, they tell the stories behind the shirts; the great moments, the near misses, the icons, the nostalgia.
Their attention to detail is superb. The fabrics, the stitching, the shirt style and cut – all are of the highest quality, exceeding today’s high standards in material and craftmanship.
And because these are officially licensed products, sponsors’ logos are all there too, with player naming and numbering also available for you to choose.
Here are a few examples from Campo’s Arsenal Retro Collection:
Arsenal FA Cup Final 1971 No. 11
Charlie was the darling.
Emblazoned with his famous No.11, this legendary shirt was donned by Arsenal hero Charlie George in the climactic battle between the Gunners and the Reds. George struck the winner during extra time, bringing Arsenal their famous Double Win as they defeated Liverpool in the 1971 FA Cup Final at Wembley.
Arsenal 1979 FA Cup Final
The Five Minute Final.
Shirt of the ‘Five Minute Final’ and the one worn by Brian Talbot and Frank Stapleton as they scored against Manchester United in a hard fought 1979 FA Cup Final. It was Alan Sunderland’s last gasp goal that gained Arsenal their 3-2 victory in their second of three consecutive FA Cup Final appearances.
Arsenal 1988 Home
An Anfield night to remember.
Symbolising a glorious era for Arsenal as they clinched their first league title since 1971, this shirt will remain forever in the hearts of all Gunners fans. Alan Smith kick-started the season with a hat trick against Wimbledon, but it was Michael Thomas who finished it with that unforgettable victory over Liverpool at Anfield, his goal in a shock 2-0 win securing the league title.
Arsenal 1994 Home
1994 European Cup Winners’ Cup Winners.
In 1994, Arsenal made it to the final of the European Cup Winners’ Cup to face Parma, at the Parken Stadium, Copenhagen. Arsenal’s defence was famously hard to breach at the time, with captain Tony Adams at the helm and David Seaman in net. Arsenal won the game 1-0, in typical fashion, after a wonder strike by Alan Smith, from the edge of the box.
All of the above shirts qualify for prize selection along with others from Campo’s Arsenal Retro Collection
Simply answer the following question:
Name two Arsenal league title winners who have played for both Arsenal and Aston Villa in the Premier League era?
Submit your answer by completing the form below.
Please take careful note of the Competition rules, briefly outlined here:
- The Competition is open to ALL www.gunnerstown.com visitors.
- The Competition closes at 8:00pm [GMT] on Thursday May 28th, 2015.
- Enter your Full Name and a functional email address in the fields provided, as we will be using these details to notify you, should you win the prize.
- Submit your ANSWER in the field provided.
- Each entrant will receive a unique £5 Off Next Purchase discount code from Campo. If you do NOT wish to share your email address and receive the discount code, please check the box provided.
- Submissions are limited to ONE entry per person. Entrants who attempt multiple submissions will be disqualified
- The WINNER will be selected randomly from a list of successful Entrants.
- The WINNER will be announced on gunnerstown.com and on the @GunnersTown Twitter feed on Sunday 31st May, 2015.
- The WINNER will be contacted using the details provided in the form below.
- The WINNER shall then select his/her prize, including style, size and personalization (if any).
- The PRIZE includes postage free delivery to an address on the mainland U.K..
*Check this box if you don’t want a unique £5 Campo Discount voucher.