A slight deviation from the
norm, with everything that as gone on in my life over the past fortnight, I
thought I’d do a ‘diary’ blog. So here goes.
– Long weekend over, they give us a day for the Queen’s birthday here, it’s
great, quick look on NewsNow to see if there is any….Ouch, what the fcuk is that? Indigestion, yeah must be…..new
new, Real Madrid want how much for Gonzalo Higiuan?
that’s gone…..really, that fcuking
hurts, remind me to avoid kettle chips next time….through the roof. I’m
sure the price will change again in the morning.
This is too bloody much, ambulance called, off to hospital, this is fcuking
ER reckons its gallstones, admitted straight to the ward, straight onto the
Right time to get up, got flight to Canberra in two hours….Wait, What the
hell are these tubes, why the hell are all these people standing over me, what
the…..oh yeah I remember. Jesus that still hurts, this morphine is crap, must
speak to my drug dealer.
Surgeon’s rounds, gallbladder has to be removed, keyhole surgery, which only
means a couple of day out. Doc ups meds, to dull the excruciating pain. Nil by
mouth, so sleep definitely the best option.
Bugger, surgery postponed until tomorrow. Liz (the trouble and strife) arrives
with iPad, good move, got to rent TV here so Foxtel on iPad is the way forward.
Check NewsNow, Madrid want £30m for Higuian, this is going
run and run….Christ that really hurts, can’t up drugs which really sucks. Australia v
Jordan WCQ later, something to look forward to.
Australia vs Jordan, Robbie
Kruse, two assists, one well-taken goal (did the CB like a kipper) Australia win 4-0, reminds me, got tickets for
next Tuesday vs. Iraq
at ANZ Stadium, hopefully will be better by then!
Vampire around again to take more blood, surgeon guarantees that op will go
ahead today. Jesus, I hope so, as Richard Ashcroft said ‘The Drugs Don’t Work’
(http://youtu.be/ToQ0n3itoII)….. Still no news
on Higuian. But all the chatter seems positive. Lets hope this doesn’t turn
into another Juan Mata/Nuri Sahin…Can’t get back to sleep, so rerun of
NSW/QLD Country vs. British and Irish Lions it is.
Still no surgery time, Lions hammered the Country team and are looking pretty
good. Let’s pick a jolly movie to watch. ‘The Dark Knight Returns’ yeah that
will cheer me up?
Finally the drugs have kicked in and it took three attempts to watch the film.
Surgery postponed again! First on list tomorrow. Reckon sleep is best option.
– Surgery set for 8am.
lets get this over and done with and get out of here. Now count to 10,
– That took a bit longer than it should have and what the fcuk is that….
look like keyhole surgery to me. What the hell just happened?
– Surgeon explains that it was the most infected gallbladder he’d ever seen and
had to change plans half way through surgery. No shit Sherlock, that explains
the pain then.
– My panicking wife is only slightly relieved to see me just two hours after
originally planned. I have tubes where no man should have tubes, more narcotics
in me than a Colombian drug mule and I’m going to be in hospital until Tuesday
18th, bye bye Waratahs vs. Lions tickets, bye bye Australia
– No signings, I’m knackered, I’m going to sleep
– Just realised that moved wards overnight. At least half the age of everyone
else in this room. Oh this is going to be fun for the next five days. Really need
to find out how they manage to make bread taste awful in a hospital. It’s a
skill I tell thee.
– Got to see Mya (my 2 1/2 year old daughter) for the first time in four days,
which is bloody good. She is seriously freaked by the whole situation, but
obsessed by the tubes and bags on each side of me. Really don’t want her to
play with either of them!
rest of the day is spent drifting in and out of a drug fuelled consciousness,
woken for food then back to sleep.
– First day of non family visitors, I think most are in shock, apparently is a
huge scar. Get enough grapes and Lucozade to last a lifetime and tickets have
been sold on so at least haven’t lost any money on the deal.
– After another indescribable meal, check the sites. Marouane Fellani back on
the radar and the GrannyLover rumours won’t go away.
prefer Higuain every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
– Should be at Sydney Football Stadium watching the Lions batter the Waratahs,
not happy. But, as they say, I’ve got my health.
– 17-47 to the Lions, so cheesed I missed that, still, I’ve got my health…..
– Got Liz to sneak in some breakfast, really fed up of hospital food. Totally
bored now, I know I’ll start writing down what’s happened over the last few
days and see where that goes.
– Just watched the rerun of the Lions game, still hacked off I missed it, only
happens every 12 years! Star Wars Trilogy for the afternoon I think.
– Next few hours covered by England
vs. New Zealand.
– Cut that fine, 10 run win good enough, semi-final to look forward to.
– Now mind numbingly bored, doc says I can go home tomorrow, which is good
news. Will be good to get out of this place.
– Finally released, with enough drugs to set up my own pharmacy….
air, that’s a nice feeling.
– Officially Australian daytime TV is sh!te. Thank god for Apple TV and my
Doctor Who back catalogue (Start with Season 6, The Impossible Astronaut is a
bloody good episode, although not as good as ‘Don’t Blink’ and move on from
confirms that apparently, Arsenal will bid £22m for Higuain. Please pay the
money & be done with it, he’s worth it. http://youtu.be/zjCDyoGSVTQ
– First real meal in eight days. God that’s good. Although new low fat diet
regime is going to take some getting used to.
– Australia vs. Iraq,
should have been at this game as well. Arse!
– Not a great game but a well taken goal by Josh Kennedy gives Aussies the
needed 1-0 win and tickets to Brazil.
better sort it out and qualify now.
– Liz takes Mya to daycare, house is empty. Breakfast, then mmmmm catch up on
more sleep. Must not get into the habit of doing this.
– Liz kicks me out of bed, good job really, today’s entertainment, Iron Man and
Iron Man 2
– NewsNow check, Fabio Capello signs a 12-month deal with Paris Saint-Germain. Arsene
Wenger off at end of next season rumours bound to start up again now. Lukas Podolski
trying to tempt Robert Lewandowski; now that would be a strike force and a
– Fixture list out – will be good to put the Spuds in their place early in the
– Convincing win for England against the Saffs, final to look forward to Sunday
night, before the start of another week signed off work
– Time to venture out of the house and take Mya Swimming, still in a lot of
pain but the horse tablets are defiantly helping.
– Gervinho and Nicklas Bendtner next to depart? More money saved there then?
http://youtu.be/5C9OjIVIDhs and no more misses
agreed personnel terms?
hope this comes to fruition. Would be a definite statement.
– More Doctor Who to get me through to the evening and the finding out the
opposition in the ICC final.
– So it’s India In the final on Sunday, will be a bloody good game. Catch the
semi final highlights later.
– I live in Balmain and so it’s time to restart my coffee addiction, off to
meet Cat to discuss all things football. Cat is a very old friend and very
level-headed for a scouser, he has a chip on both shoulders.
– Re-run of the Spain vs. Tahiti game, well worth watching. Fernando Torres has
finally found his level!
– Reacquainting myself with music TV, ‘Greatest artists of the 90’s’.
Interesting to see the Aussie views on 90’s music!
– Top 3; Nirvana, Madonna, Oasis, interesting choice.
– Higuain signing seems to be a stonewall, with Fellani to follow? Andrey Arshavin
record to go twice in a week?
– It’s been a bit rough for Liz over the last week, so today is daddy daycare.
It’s bloody freezing outside (15 deg, it doesn’t take long to acclimatise!) and
it’s chucking it down, so it’s ‘Finding Nemo’ followed by ‘Lion King’. We will see
how it goes from there.
– Apparently Arsenal reps in Madrid
finalising Higuain deal, would be sweet if all sorted by early next week. Then
move onto the next signing, Fellani? Wayne Rooney?
– Test 1, Wallabies vs. The Lions
– A win is a win, it’s the score in the top left that counts
– Still raining, still freezing, house bound again, Brazil
First game Neymar has lived up to his billing. Could make Barca quite scary
of the day looks like its going to be a Disney feast to keep the little monkey
– ICC final delayed, that’s what happens when you play cricket in Birmingham in an English
to partner Higuain up front, now that would be interesting!
– Trust England
to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Still thought it was supposed to be
an ODI tournament, shame it was decided on a T20 basis.
– Apparently, Higuain fee agreed and medical tomorrow, Apparently! We shall see.
– Off to the docs for my first check up and to get 32 staples removed from my
endeth my story!
suppose the point to my rambling is that a lot can happen in life and in
football in two weeks;
imminent signing of Higuain, the calibre of realistic players being linked,
along with the quality of the existing squad, shows that its been a long term
plan that just got slightly derailed by a few departing the train before it had
reached its final station. If these signings take place and we are competing
with the Sheikhs and Oligarchs prior to the FFP kicking in, it will prove AW
was right all along.
‘All men dream: but not equally.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day
to find that it was vanity.
But the dreamers of the day are
dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it
Hoping they act on their dreams!