Gunners Town is pleased to announce its first Competition: “Defining Moments”…
Stand a chance to win “The Return Of The King” – an iconic screenprint by talented Gooner artist, Matthew Slaymaker (@mattslaymaker).
Read more for competition details…
Immortalizing Thierry Henry’s magical Second Coming, when he scored for Arsenal against Leeds in a crucial FA Cup tie, the print is a perfect example of a “defining moment’. It was a fairy-tale, triumphant return to the club by one of Arsenal’s most beloved legends.
“Form is temporary. Class is permanent.”
You’d be hard-pressed to find a moment described more perfectly by that classic statement.
In a brilliant essay, “Return Of The King”, Sam Fordyce puts the image in context. Read it here.
About The Print:
“Return Of The King” by Matthew Slaymaker is an A2-sized (420mm x 594mm) seven-colour screen print on Mohawk 270gsm acid free and archival stock – the prize print is one of only 6 rare Artist Proofs, with a gold “TH14” insignia.
About The Competition:
Submit your Defining Moment and stand a chance to win the iconic print.
- Your submission should be an image, accompanied by a short description of why you feel it is a ‘defining moment‘.
- The image could be one of your personal photos, or you could send us a link to an existing image.
Whether it’s yours or someone else’s, please cite the source of the image and/or the copyright information associated with it. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION!
TIP: A Defining Moment could be anything that is relevant to being a Gunner. It could be a decisive result, or meeting an Arsenal legend. your first game… any definitive Arsenal-related experience.
Click here to see the existing entries. Gunners Town has included an example entry at the top of the page.
How to enter:
- Email your entry to email@example.com.
- Include the image and description in the BODY of your email.
Do not attach it as a Word document or PDF!
- The shortest side of the image must be at least 640 pixels.
Low-resolution images will not be accepted.
- Please include your name, address and telephone number in the email
How to win:
- The competition closes on Friday, June 14, 2013 at 6pm GMT.
- By entering the competition, you give Gunners Town permission to publish your entry online, on the “Defining Moments” page.
- The Top 5 entries will be selected by “Return Of The King” artist, Matthew Slaymaker, and announced on www.gunnerstown.com on Monday, June 17, 2013.
- Gunners Town readers will then vote for their favourite entry.
- The Defining Moment that receives the most votes will be declared the winner.
- The winner will be announced on Friday June 21, 2013.
It is highly recommended that you read the full Competition Rules before entering.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Gunners Town is a premier Arsenal blogging platform for passionate and knowledgeable Gooners. Established in 2012, the site has garnered over 5 million views.