WTTGT Writer: Antonia ‘The Gooner Girlfriend’ Hawken
Tweet, tweet, tweet, oh the joyful sounds of Spring. Elated cries of children, ever growing lighter evenings, daffodils and all things pretty popping out of the ground; all can begin again, fresh and clean. I can imagine that at present Arsenal would desperately like to start at the very beginning, a very good place to start. An even better place to start, or more importantly end, would be near the top of the tables…
After Sunday’s disappointing result against Manchester United, I in my Gooner Girlfriend wisdom have compiled a list of Twitter profiles I would highly recommend to cheer y’all up. Some are funny, some are serious, but most importantly they all support the team and game, something we may all at times be guilty of forgetting.
The A Team, in case you’d like to encourage/hurl abuse:
- Robin van Persie: @Persie_Official
- Emmanuel Frimpong @Frimpong26AFC
- Jack Wilshere @JackWilshere
- Andrey Arshavin @AndrArshavin23
- Aaron Ramsey @aaronjramsey
For a bit of light entertainment:
- Arsene’s Eyes @Arsenes_Eyes: “I Mr Wenger. I bring you news from inside the camp and updates from the lives of Little Theo, Mr Frimpong and the rest”.
- Arsenal Gentleman @ArsenalGent: “Born HIGHBURY 1878”.
- arseblog @arseblog : Blogger and “committed drinker”. After this season, I’m not surprised.
The Big Dogs:
- Arsenal.com @Arsenal: A given for any fan.
- Piers Morgan @piersmorgan : An avid supporter, very ready and willing to criticise the movements of both player and manager.
- Arsenal Live @ArsenalLive
The Lovely Ladies:
- Lindsay Melrose @LindsisaGooner: Utterly dedicated and highly amusing, member of gunnertalk.com
- Football Babes @fittiesinfooty: For anyone who likes seeing girls in football shirts. I’m banned from sending one in.
- The Real Gunner @TheRealGunner: In her words, “views from a real AFC footie chick”.
- Simon Bourne @I3orny: The first WTTGT Editor, now wolf pack leader of ‘Two Left Feet’.
Here at WTTGT HQ, we encourage you to discuss, debate and share your passionate exchanges, however, any swearing, direct abuse or discrimination of any kind will be removed from this discussion. Additionally, any external links will also be removed due to third-party rules. Thank you.
WTTGT is looking for new writers. If you are interested in writing for us, please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To follow us on Facebook, click HERE