- I was there in Copenhagen when we did the 1-nil to the Arsenal
- I was there when Donkey won the Derby at Wembley vs Spurs
- I was there when we did the Cup double of ’93 and we sung Ian Wright Wright Wright
- I was there vs Everton when Adams scored
- I was there when we went unbeaten vs Leicester
- I was there for all the Cardiff FA Cup Finals – USA USA USA!
- Firstly he moved Santi off the line and got him tight to Aaron Ramsey and Ozil. I lost count of how many times in the later stage of the game the 3 combined. Simple passing from one side of the pitch in a zig zag formation. This pulled Hull to distraction, tired them out as AFC kept the ball. The quality we imposed on the game when we were supposed to be tiring was the differentiator.
- Elmohadany caused us many problems he marked Gibbs tightly and won every restart from the keeper in the air which gave them offensive territory. He was Hull’s outlet that got them the rest they needed. Wenger moved Arteta out to almost LB on restarts and Arteta sacrificed his game to help our back line and stop Hull at source. Genius move. Arteta is not my favourite but what a selfless professional.
- The introduction of Yaya Sonogo and the time he introduced him was key. I did call it – See some in game tweets below. What Yaya brings is a I don’t care who you are attitude. Once Arsenal had control of the middle and started to take the front foot we were screaming for someone to run the channels. Giroud was in ‘I’m going to fight you’ mode. When he gets in that mindset he stands still and goes body on body. Alex Bruce Chester and Curtis Davis loved it. A good old fashioned centre forward who does not want to move me about – GREAT! Yaya just ran and moved them. By the end of the game Giroud stopped trying to get Hull centre backs booked and started to move themas well. Then our quality showed and the game was won culminating in Giroud’s world class setup for Ramsey’s winner.
Sounds boring but we have no pace or drive hull on the front foot massively and just waiting
I’ve seen this Giroud before and he does not normally improve he gets involved personally with his CH and loses his game – crowd on his back
Its a day for Tom am I’m telling ya Sonogo suits this game as he don’t give a fuck
I so wanted Ozil to have his MOM moment but starting to realise his football personality is one of deference – he is the oil not a piston.
- We understand how the game is played and what profile of player we need.
- We understand how important it is to win those transfer battles with our rivals for the ever reducing talent pool.
- We understand our midfield has not enough power to win those big games away or some at home.
- We understand we need a forward that can run and dribble and create devastation with his agility and dynamism.
- We understand that Sagna must be replaced with quality
- We understand that the lack of pace cost us our challenge.