The entire universe is now fully
informed that Arsenal have signed Mesut Ozil (I mean: MESUT.FUCKING.ÖZIL!) and
if the German playmaker isn’t already an amazing reinforcement on the field,
he’s also a clear sign of Arsenal’s new ambition.
The only real club in North London is now hungry for silverware, and as
Arsene Wenger himself said, £42m Ozil is only the first top-class signing of
many. Yes, Arsenal are chasing for glory again, a new era is coming, following
a new way.
I have drawn up several steps that can be used as a guide to achieve
this, and I’ve decided that I’ll show them to you today. As you will see, a few
of these are already achieved; a lot are waiting to be. But hey, as AC/DC used to sing: “It’s a long
way to the top (if you wanna Rock’n’Roll)”:
1. Making a world class talent of Aaron Ramsey, starting with a winning
goal against Stoke City and Ryan “The Caveman” Shawcross.
2. Break the “Mike Dean Curse” (already two victories, still fifteen to
3. Hold Tottenham Hotspur in our shadow (not the most difficult step to
achieve, I reckon).
4. Winning a Cup Final against Manchester United after penalty kicks,
with Wojciech Szczesny denying Robin van Persie’s last shot.
5. After his retirement, make Thierry Henry join the staff, and
celebrate a victory in the North London Derby at White Hart Lane. Usual stuff.
6. Win the Premier League title in Stamford Bridge, and singing “You’re
not Special anymore Jose” to Mourinho.
7. Crushing Manchester United at home in a Champion’s League game, with
a victory goal from Theo Walcott after a Patrice Evra slide in front of his own
8. Bring back Cesc Fabregas and buy Andreas Iniesta.
9. Win the Champions League by beating Barcelona in the final, with an
Iniesta goal off a Fabregas assist.
10. Start the new season as Premier League Champions and European
Champions with a Gedion Zelalem goal against Liverpool at Anfield.
Well, pretty ambitious, don’t you think? Be my guest, and give me your
own steps on the comment part below.
Thanks a lot. Cheers,