Gunners Town is pleased to announce its first Competition: “Defining Moments”…
Stand a chance to win “The Return Of The King” – an iconic screenprint by talented Gooner artist, Matthew Slaymaker (@mattslaymaker).
Read more for competition details…
Immortalizing Thierry Henry’s magical Second Coming, when he scored for Arsenal against Leeds in a crucial FA Cup tie, the print is a perfect example of a “defining moment’. It was a fairy-tale, triumphant return to the club by one of Arsenal’s most beloved legends.
“Form is temporary. Class is permanent.”
You’d be hard-pressed to find a moment described more perfectly by that classic statement.
In a brilliant essay, “Return Of The King”, Sam Fordyce puts the image in context. Read it here.
About The Print:
“Return Of The King” by Matthew Slaymaker is an A2-sized (420mm x 594mm) seven-colour screen print on Mohawk 270gsm acid free and archival stock – the prize print is one of only 6 rare Artist Proofs, with a gold “TH14” insignia.
About The Competition:
Submit your Defining Moment and stand a chance to win the iconic print.
- Your submission should be an image, accompanied by a short description of why you feel it is a ‘defining moment‘.
- The image could be one of your personal photos, or you could send us a link to an existing image.
Whether it’s yours or someone else’s, please cite the source of the image and/or the copyright information associated with it. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION!
TIP: A Defining Moment could be anything that is relevant to being a Gunner. It could be a decisive result, or meeting an Arsenal legend. your first game… any definitive Arsenal-related experience.
Click here to see the existing entries. Gunners Town has included an example entry at the top of the page.
How to enter:
- Email your entry to email@example.com.
- Include the image and description in the BODY of your email.
Do not attach it as a Word document or PDF!
- The shortest side of the image must be at least 640 pixels.
Low-resolution images will not be accepted.
- Please include your name, address and telephone number in the email
How to win:
- The competition closes on Friday, June 14, 2013 at 6pm GMT.
- By entering the competition, you give Gunners Town permission to publish your entry online, on the “Defining Moments” page.
- The Top 5 entries will be selected by “Return Of The King” artist, Matthew Slaymaker, and announced on www.gunnerstown.com on Monday, June 17, 2013.
- Gunners Town readers will then vote for their favourite entry.
- The Defining Moment that receives the most votes will be declared the winner.
- The winner will be announced on Friday June 21, 2013.
It is highly recommended that you read the full Competition Rules before entering.
We look forward to hearing from you!